- Join one of the region's leading Venture Capital firms
- Fantastic flexible work and parental leave policies + wellness & learning allowances
- Diverse role with exposure to investor relations and distribution.
If you're passionate about start-ups and technology, and ambitious to be part of a global investment business at the forefront of change, read on.
About the Company:
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies.
Square Peg has over US$2.5 billion in assets under management across its venture capital, opportunities and global listed equities funds, and has invested in companies including Fiverr, Canva, Airwallex and Kredivo.
About the role:
As our first analyst in this team, you will support the Head of Distribution and Investor Relations Associate with work across Square Peg’s fundraising and investor relations activities. You will work with multiple teams across the company to participate effectively in processes to ensure consistency in messaging and framing across all fund communications.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have demonstrated experience learning on the fly while pivoting between multiple responsibilities. In this role you will be managing reporting, building out our briefing notes, following up with our investors, updating presentations, managing and improving processes and tailoring these for individual investors.
You'll be directly responsible for developing clear, consistent, accurate and timely reporting to support Square Peg’s external positioning as a top venture capital firm.
The core focus of this role will be preparing information required for fundraising and investor relations, however, there will be ample opportunity to get involved in projects, and process improvement. Your day today role will include:
- Investor annual and ad-hoc survey requests
- Manage and triage our investor inbox, including responding to ad-hoc queries where appropriate
- Lead and manage correspondence with our external fund administrator and investor queries (both via phone & email)
- Supporting our Finance & Operations team in managing our capital call and distribution processes·
- Supporting our Finance & Operations team in managing our quarterly investor reporting requirements, leading requests where appropriate
- Manage investor portal onboarding and queries
- Assist with our fundraise onboarding process
- Help prepare key investment team members with briefings ahead of meetings, roadshows, and conferences
- Support the management of our CRM system for investors and aggregating insights for internal reporting
- Support the preparation of regular investor reporting materials
- Support preparation of marketing and fundraising documents
- Support preparation and organisation of investor events and webinars
Skills & experience:
- A passion for startups and technology!
- Numerically strong with attention to detail(experience in financial reporting, financial operations, or accounting preferred
- Preference for finance qualification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and problem solving
- Project management
- Strong relationship building skills
- Must be able to work full time within a team and autonomously
- Investor relations experience is an added bonus
At the heart of Square Peg's global team is a commitment to our shared values, underscored by decency and integrity: be yourself, anchor to optimism, unleash curiosity, empower through trust and be bold.
We invest the most important resource in our founders, teams and people; time.
Square Peg is a people-first working environment. We support flexible/remote work and provide beautiful team facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We also organise regular team-building events, to bring our global team together while promoting a culture of fun and wellness.
- Flexible work policy
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Wellness allowance
- Learning allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Significant additional leave for life’s unexpected emergencies
How to apply:
APPLY or contact Lucy Kratky at Square Peg for a confidential discussion.