Are you passionate about people and looking for an opportunity to lead the people function for a global venture capital firm? If you’re an exceptional operator with a knack for empowering people to achieve their best, then read on.
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Melbourne, Sydney, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies with a focus on Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, Climatetech, Enterprise SaaS and Healthtech. We were founded on the belief that technology would transform every industry in the world - and that brilliant, ambitious founders would sit at the heart of this change. We’re squarely focused on helping these founders succeed.
Square Peg has over US$3 billion in assets under management across its venture capital, opportunities and global listed equities funds. In addition, we’ve delivered material realised returns of US$0.6 billion. Since 2012 we have invested in over 70 companies including Fiverr, Canva, Rokt, FinAccel, Tomorrow, and Airwallex.
About the role
Day to day you will own all of Square Peg’s people related activities globally. As Head of People, you’ll work closely with leaders across the business to ensure that Square Peg continues to be a great place to work, where the very best people are empowered to do their very best work. You’ll design an approach that is informed by best practice, but aligned with our business objectives and appropriate for our specific context.
You will be responsible for the design and delivery of end to end activities across the employee lifecycle. We want to foster a culture of collaborative high performance and you will be critical in shaping the thinking and execution around that goal. You will work with individuals to coach them on their development journey and find tailored learning and growth opportunities for our team.
Across all of our markets you will:
- Enable a world-class people strategy that makes Square Peg a great place to work and brings to life our philosophies around empowerment, values and high performance.
- Build a best in class and highly tailored approach to learning and development that allows all Square Peggers to do their best work and facilitates ongoing team and personal growth.
- Design and execute on the set pieces including talent management, remuneration and incentives, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and performance management.
- Ensure we have the right capability and org structure to support our global footprint.
- Build and maintain best practice people related policies and processes that support our org strategy and reinforce our culture and values.
- Collaborate with our Talent Lead who manages all our internal hiring and onboarding to ensure a seamless employee experience.
Skills & experience
The ideal candidate will combine business nous and deep emotional intelligence. The skills, experience and mindset the right person will have could include:
- A real passion for people and tech
- Hands-on experience across a range of HR related activities. While you don’t have to have done everything, you need to be enough of a generalist that you can lead the full function. If you’ve spent time in functions other than HR that would be highly regarded.
- An adaptable approach, where you focus on understanding the unique traits of an organisation and design people strategies and initiatives that suit its unique requirements.
- Experience in establishing and driving high performance cultures and/or learning and development.
- A doer who thrives in environments that are high-ownership and high-accountability. You enjoy doing both the strategy and the execution.
- Confidence communicating across cultures and contexts, and ability to build trust with colleagues and senior executives.
At the heart of Square Peg's global team is a commitment to our shared values, underscored by decency and integrity: be yourself, anchor to optimism, unleash curiosity, empower through trust and be bold.
We invest the most important resource in our founders, teams and people; time.
Square Peg is a people-first working environment.
We encourage flexible/remote work and provide beautiful team facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We also organise regular team-building events, to bring our global team together while promoting a culture of fun and wellness.
- Flexible work policy
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Wellness allowance
- Learning allowance
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- Significant additional leave for life’s unexpected emergencies