- Influence the arc of an entire organisation
- Take on a key global leadership role
- Manage strategy formulation and management, and lead global initiatives
If you're passionate about start-ups and technology, and ambitious to build an enduring global business at the forefront of change, read on.
About Square Peg
Square Peg is a global investment firm on a mission to empower exceptional founders. With teams in Sydney, Melbourne, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, Square Peg invests in emerging technology companies across the internet economy.
Square Peg has over US$1 billion in assets under management across its venture capital, opportunities and global listed equities funds, and has invested in companies including Fiverr, Canva, Airwallex and StashAway.
Will your next role offer you the ability to change the arc of an entire organisation?
Your legacy as the Head of Strategy at Square Peg will be to build us into one of the top investment firms, globally.
Leading Strategy, you will take a collaborative approach to planning and developing the strategic narrative and associated outputs with our investment team, operations and business stakeholders. You will have the ability to flex between conceptual and hands-on approaches to solve our strategic challenges.
- Lead the development of the Square Peg strategic plan in collaboration with our Senior Leaders and Partners to inform operating plans, including leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trend data and utilising competitive intelligence
- Develop key metrics to measure and track performance towards operational goals, in collaboration with the team
- Communicate and operationalise Square Peg’s strategic vision, with a focus on achieving desired outcomes
- Location: Melbourne (preferred), Sydney, Singapore
- Salary: $200k+
Skills & experience
- A passion for startups and technology!
- Strong strategic analysis skills amplified by your business and financial acumen
- Lateral thinking skills and ability to deliver original solutions to complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience facilitating group sessions and challenging ideas constructively
- Experience effectively managing senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience in strategy consulting, digital or customer-led organisations
- MBA preferred but not a prerequisite
At the heart of Square Peg's global team is a commitment to our shared values, underscored by decency and integrity: be yourself, anchor to optimism, unleash curiosity, empower through trust and be bold.
We invest the most important resource in our founders, teams and people; time.
Square Peg is a people-first working environment.
We encourage flexible/remote work and provide beautiful team facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Tel Aviv. We also organise regular team-building events, to bring our global team together while promoting a culture of fun and wellness.
- Flexible work policy
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Wellness allowance
- Learning allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Significant additional leave for life’s unexpected emergencies
- Square Peg has been a certified carbon neutral organisation since 2019
How to apply
Send an email to Rob Lamb (firstname.lastname@example.org), Square Peg's Head of Talent for a confidential discussion.